Friday, April 2, 2010

Pretty In Pink

My life thus far:

A lot has happened.

I started to write a history of my theatrical life and it turned out to be much more extensive than I had presumed it would be.

And so.

Bullet points it shall be.

-Childhood = dreams of being a fairy

-Age 9ish, classes at Children's Theatre Company... dismal failure... an acting dry spell after that.

-High school = cast as a lead in the first show i audition for, as a freshman. This is a big deal. Sophomore year is rather personally intense and I lay off on the onstage drama for some of my own. Junior and Senior year are more theatrically abundant.

-Last summer, summer after Junior year, i get cast as an intern at Acadia Repertory Theatre. My aunt and uncle manage it. Spend ten weeks in a house with nine other actors in Bar Harbor Maine, miles away from my parents ;) Changed my life.

-I get back from Maine and, that week, audition for the first show of the season at South, my high school. Rabbit Hole. Get cast as the lead.

-This show is directed by a director I worked with the previous year, on The Seagull. During rehearsals for Rabbit Hole he asks me to audition for a Shakespeare company he's putting together. I do. I get in. I become an actress and assistant director for American Shakespeare Repertory.

-ASR is my first professional gig. Actually that depends. Does it count as professional if you're not getting paid? I say it does. Thus my next bullet point.

-I recently auditioned for Coin Purse Theatre's Romeo and Juliet. I was cast as Juliet. This was (is) a really big deal for me. A) It's my professional gig (full production, ASR does readings) and B) It's Juliet.

And... that's my career thus far. Aren't you glad I didn't go into as much detail as I wanted to?

Anyway. I start rehearsal for R&J on Monday.

That's pretty much my life right now.

That and tomorrow I'm making a cheesecake. You best believe it funna be my first food post.

And I got my hair cut. Slash my lovely lover cut it for me.

And two people in one day told me I look like Molly Ringwald. I was like "Pretty In Pink Molly Ringwald, or 2010 Molly Ringwald at the Oscars?" She's actually insane now, I'm pretty sure.

But I love me some John Hughes, so I take it as a Pretty In Pink-esque compliment :)

Well folks, now you're all caught up on me.

Stay tuned, kids, the greatest cheesecake ever's comin your way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment