Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Night Comes Crawling In On All Fours Sucking Up My Dreams Through The Floor

It is always strange to be back here.

The first couple days felt like any visit I have made over the past few years. But yesterday everything started to shift, slightly.

My Saturday was empty. In the morning I called up my most dear bestest friend to see what was up and we ended up going to the dump (!! more on that exciting adventure later!!)  and on a couple errands together. It was the kind of sudden spontaneity that is both minuscule and meaningful. Incredibly easy to take for granted when you live in a city full of pals, but something that I missed profoundly in Chicago. The fact that I can just call up friends when I have nothing to do makes me thoroughly happy.

This coupled with the fact that I am legitimately once more living in my parents home cemented the reality of my return. Not that I mind living with my parents, they are great people and incredibly generous to be housing me during my little transitional period. My sister is in town right now, so it still feels mainly like any other vacation, but all my crap laying around the house, my room stuffed with suitcases and boxes... there is a reality to it. A finality.

Goodness gracious sakes alive, you guys, I have been having the BEST time!! I went to get mani-pedis with my sister, a completely and utterly new experience for me which was really unbelievably delightful. Visited the falls for a good long while, my old sanctuary. It was nice, it was beautiful actually, to be back there. I felt more relaxed than I have in ages. I went to the dump! Okay. Secret time you guys. It wasn't actually the dump. But it was a place where you go and they weigh your car and then you go throw your shit in piles of other people's shit. Gross. Sorry. We threw some doors and a sink thing and some other things and I had an embarrassing amount of fun. I saw my oldest bestest pal (I will refer to all my friends as my bestest friends. Because they all are.) and went to a weird party and totally put myself out of my comfort zone. Which is a goal I have. And then today I had the BEST shopping day ever. Like painfully good. Spending money I don't have. Probably one of my favorite things to do.

Really, you guys, I've been having the best days.

Nights are hard. But that's another story.

My goal is to do something new every day. So far, since Friday anyway, I have met that goal. I want to do new and spontaneous things that put me out of my comfort zone and hopefully help me to grow and learn about myself. My other, broader, more real goals are to find a job, an apartment, and eventually finish my degree. Degree in what you ask? No freaking clue. Something useless and fun that I will enjoy learning about. Like linguistics or creative writing or something. I like those word things.

You guys.

You guys.

I am so happy. This is so good.

Thanks for supporting my silly little life, you guys.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment