Sunday, May 16, 2010

50,000 Copies of My Face

Oh. My. Word.

Three nights of rehearsal and then we open R&J!!!! It's so magnificently nerve-racking, these few days before opening... everyone realizes that we've got less than a week left and panic starts spreading. But coming from Private Lives, I feel immune to the panic and I just enjoy the new experience of being here with these new people doing this new thing in this new place.

I love it.

I love doing this thing I do and I almost love the fact that it takes me until show week to feel mildly comfortable with the cast. I almost love being the awkward little kid, the baby of the group, asking for rides and not being able to go out with everyone else. Almost. But not really.

It's been like this forever and I just don't know how to shake it off. I'm just shy. That's the only way I can think of to put it; I'm shy and awkward and I don't do well with people. And that's one of the things that freaks me out about this "industry." My lack of social skills may hurt my career. And I kind of hate that because I'm okay with being socially awkward in all respects but the theater bit. I like to read and write more than party (although under the right circumstances I love partying) and in big groups I get lost most of the time.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!

The point is that RIGHT NOW things are going good.





I mean, look at this. This is our poster. Coin Purse took out an ad in Vitamin of that poster... 50,000 copies of my face are going to be distributed. That's pretty freaking cool, don't you think? I don't want to come off as being big-headed or anything but I'm not going to lie and say I'm not proud of myself. I am. And I love that photo.

I love my life.

Even if I am awkward and fail in situations where everyone is laughing and bantering in the parking lots and I sit on the curb listening and wishing I knew how to join in, even if I'm younger and less experienced... I have so much fun doing what I do. I love the people making the tomfoolery and I love observing even if I'm too scared to join in.

Please come see my show!! If you can't read the poster it's this Thurs-Sat (20th-22nd) and next Thurs-Sat (27th-28th) at Blank Slate theater (499 Wacouta St. St.Paul) at 7 30 PM-- it's the basement of a church. Yeah, it's that legit :)

COME!! See my Juliet!!

1 comment:

  1. Your picture is amazing, Emma J! Your eyes are so green and you look like you just saw the most beautiful and magical thing. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete